Understanding What Works In a World of Hybrid Work
In 2022, organizations had to identify new ways of working to meet the needs of both employees and business objectives. Most executive teams faced the challenges of determining when employees could work remotely, who needed to work onsite, and how to keep culture, productivity, and belonging strong.
In this ebook, we explore data from Newmeasures clients from which you will learn:
- What is working well about hybrid work and what’s not
- How perspectives of remote work vary by leaders and employees
- How perspectives of remote work vary by those who can work remotely compared to those who work onsite
- How flexibility impacts employee retention
- What employees want leaders to know about remote, hybrid, and onsite work
- How employee listening can help leaders navigate uncertainty
While one of our conclusions is that there is no one right way to do back-to-work, we hope these findings help organizations thoughtfully consider the options.
Learn how to take your engagement survey action planning to the next level by downloading the Infoblox case study now.
Learn innovative strategies to elevate your engagement survey follow-up:
- Explained: How sharing the plan for survey follow-up before data collection leads to better follow-through.
- Revealed: Specific tactics for how Infoblox drives accountability in the engagement survey process.
- Emphasized: Why investment in leadership is the key to unlocking an engaged workforce.
As the pandemic continued through 2021, employee listening became more important than ever. Organizations needed to better understand the employee experience in order to maintain engagement and retention in the face of the Great Resignation.
It is clear that employees today are re-evaluating their priorities. They are demanding new levels of flexibility, a sense of belonging, opportunities for career development and inspirational leaders. Organizations that innovate to support these needs will win the war for talent, and those that don’t will find themselves understaffed. This report details the latest trends in employee engagement and offers insights to navigate this new landscape.